APIEMS2023 will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. APIEMS2023 conference continues the series of APIEMS webinar to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and information about latest developments in the field of industrial engineering and management system among professionals from Asia-Pacific countries.
APIEMS2023 will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
APIEMS2023 conference continues the series of APIEMS webinar to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and information about latest developments in the field of industrial engineering and management system among professionals from Asia-Pacific countries.
Industrial engineering was sprouted from major engineering disciplines that called for better professional understanding of industrialization. Ever since, our discipline has been the star role player in confronting emerging industries; be it manufacturing, service, high tech products, outer space technology, information technology, industrial policy, ergonomics, and now world’s greatest concern, sustainable development. The Core value of APIEMS is associating and exchanging the better industrial engineering education, researches, and exchange information from different countries.
APIEMS initiated from two conferences held in 1998, China-Japan Joint Conference on industrial engineering and management in Beijing, China, and Korea-Japan Joint Conference on industrial engineering and management in Taejon, Korea, produced some excellent results and the two were merged to form a single conference in the following year 1999, when the 2nd APIEMS conference was held at Kanazawa, Japan. Since then, the APIEMS has rapidly emerged as an important forum for exchange of ideas and information about latest developments in the field of industrial engineering and management society among professionals from Asia-Pacific countries, namely, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. APIEMS conferences serve not only as a forum for exchanging idea and information but also facilitates collaborations among delegates and participants from different countries, culture and institutions, besides providing the much needed exposure to new research efforts and findings.
The following is the list of previous APIEMS conference:
- 1998: 1st APIEMS, Korea-Japan Workshop, Daejeon, Korea and China-Japan Workshop, Beijing, China
- 1999: 2nd APIEMS, Kanazawa, Japan
- 2000: 3rd APIEMS, Hong Kong, China
- 2002: 4th APIEMS, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2004: 5th APIEMS, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2005: 6th APIEMS, Manila, Philippines2006: 7th APIEMS, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2007: 8th APIEMS, Kaohsiung, Taiwan2008: 9th APIEMS, Bali, Indonesia
- 2009: 10th APIEMS, Kitakyushu, Japan.
- 2010: 11th APIEMS, Malacca, Malaysia
- 2011: 12th APIEMS, Beijing, China
- 2012: 13th APIEMS, Phuket, Thailand
- 2013: 14th APIEMS, Cebu, Philippines
- 2014: 15th APIEMS, Jeju, Korea
- 2015: 16th APIEMS, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 2016: 17th APIEMS, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2017: 18th APIEMS, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- 2018: 19th APIEMS, Hong Kong, China
- 2019: 20th APIEMS, Kanazawa , Japan
- 2021: 21st APIEMS Webinar (5 series Taichung, Taiwan)
- 2022: 22nd APIEMS, Taichung, Taiwan
- 2023:23nd APIEMS, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- IEMS has been launched in 2002 by the APIEMS (Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference) and now it is an official journal of APIEMS and KIIE (Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers). IEMS is intended for reporting original quality works on industrial engineering and management systems. The journal publishes original works that have significant theoretical and academic values, novel industrial applications, and case studies. Every manuscript is strictly reviewed by two or more anonymous referees and final acceptance decision is made based on the review reports. The journal aims at speedy review and processing within 3 months and it will publish four issues per year.
- Industrial Engineering and Management Systems (IEMS) covers all areas of industrial engineering and management sciences including but not limited to, applied statistics and data mining, business and information systems, computational intelligence and optimization, environment and energy, ergonomics and human factors, logistics and transportation, manufacturing systems, planning and scheduling, quality and reliability, supply chain management and inventory systems.